Saturday, August 8, 2020

Blog Remodel!

 Hey everyone!

I am probably the least consistent blogger on the face of the planet, right? Well, once again, I am trying to pull myself out of a reading slump... And I think I finally found the series to do it! I just discovered the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and now I feel like I must have been living under a rock all this time.  I am just starting The Great Hunt (book 2) and am super excited!

With my new found excitement, I decided to revive my blog, but with a few changes.  First and foremost, I am doing a name change.  Stars and Shadows Book Ranch will be known as Jax's Book Nook from here on out.  I decided to do a name change for a couple reasons.  First is that I feel that Stars and Shadow Book Ranch did not convey the level of maturity that I would my blog to have.  I do enjoy YA books, but would like to expand into more adult books and I think the name was a little restrictive.  Second is I just feel this name fits with who I am at this point in my life.  When I first started this blog, I was young and had just gotten my horse and was obsessed. EVERYTHING had to be associated with horses.  Since then, the novelty has worn off and I realize that, sometimes, hobbies are best to remain separate.

So that explains the name change.  What else is changing? Well, for the time being I am going to hold off on taking requests for reviewing books.  I want to be sure that I am going to stay slump free before I make any commitments. I will leave up my review policy for future reference, but I will decline any requests I receive.  I am hoping to start taking requests again in 2021.

Over the next few days, I am going to be working on reviews for Dragons of Autumn Twilight and Dragons of Winter Night, both by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman which I listened to on Audible. I will also be doing a review for Eye of the World by Robert Jordan which I read as an e-book.  I have several books on my TBR which I will be reading concurrently with both of these series as well.  The one that I am most excited for is To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini.  It will be his sci-fi debut and I am excited to see how he has grown as an author.  So far I have heard great things.  I am also planning on starting the Mistborn trilogy.  Believe it or not, I have never read anything by Brandon Sanderson either.  I know! I'm a bad fantasy reader! Hopefully, I can fix that over the next few months.  

Well, that is just a little of what to expect with Jax's Book Nook in the upcoming months! Right now, I am ten books behind on my Goodreads 2020 Challenge but I am working furiously to catch up! So stay tuned for my upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

  Title: The Alloy of Law Author: Brandon Sanderson Format:  Audiobook Narrator:  Michael Kramer Genre:  YA Fantasy, NA Fantasy, High Fantas...